3 Long eggplants
1 Bunch of fresh basil
15 Leaves of fresh mint
300g Ricotta cheese
4 Tbsp. pine nuts
4 Tbsp. grated Emmental cheese
Salt & Pepper (freshly ground)
Small wooden skewers
- Wash the eggplants and cut lengthwise into ½ cm-thick slices, season with salt and let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the basil and the mint and mix with the ricotta cheese and 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Add the Emmental cheese and the pine nuts and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully press slices between two layers of paper towel to dry and remove the salt. Brush a little olive oil on both sides and grill briefly in a skillet or in an oven with grill function.
- Spread the mint-basil-paste evenly on the eggplant slices, roll them up and fix each one in place with a wooden skewer.
- Place the eggplant rolls side by side in a greased baking dish and bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 10 minutes. It tastes like the South and the sun!